Tuesday, April 17, 2012

more than 1/2 way done!

If you're asking if we spent, I prefer to call it trading! Sounds better right???? We had a long list of things that needed to be returned and I had a day to do it BY MY SELF!!! If you have kids, that should be enough said! After all the returns were done there might have been two books, some Easter clearance candy, and some boy clearance eggs that came home with me! However, nothing out of the checking account! I still even had left over return money that went for groceries so that hopefully there will be left over grocery money this month!
Then there was Saturday...after all the tornado stuff on Friday afternoon and evening we decided to stay at my parents house just in case something else popped up.  (They have a fradie hole and well I'm fradie!!!! ) So Saturday morning Ryan and I did stop and get breakfast on our way to work. My sweet mom ran lunch up to me and Ryan's work always gets lunch on Saturday for the employees! Overall, I'm thinking I'd rather us spend $10 and know my three sweets are safe than save $10. 
As far as attitudes, no spend has actually become fun!!!! I'm loving the challenge of thinking outside the box for solutions.  I'm also loving new kitchen experiments that have been going on by trying to use mostly things that we already have!
I'm hoping planning to finish strong.  There are several reasons we wanted to do this and reasons why we decided to do it so often. (even though Ryan has declared his dissatisfaction with doing the even months because there are two of them during the summer and that's sno cone season and so forth! He'll be fine. I'm sure of it!) I'm very excited to see what we can accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment