Tuesday, April 10, 2012

No spend update #1

It's been 10 days and we are going strong!!!
I'm so excited with the progress that we have already made.  However, the world is testing me!!! Not only did the iron break, I forgot about a secret sister gift, and for cryin out loud how do you forget the Easter Egg Hunt?!?!? Well, apparently it's possible.Here's how that situation went down...
-the secret sister gift: I had part of it (I can't say what it was as to not give away the secret), but I did have to spend $4 for the other part.
-the easter egg hunt: I used the left over Valentine's Day candy (that was awesome...may become tradition) and I dug all the nickels, dimes, and quarters out of the change jar! I did have to buy a few eggs but that was it. I only spent $1.56 where I normally would have spent at least $10 and had more candy than I ever wanted.

I am very please to say that none of this money had to come out of the reserve stash.  Remember the returns to buy the iron? There was $6 left from that so after the unexpected things I still have $0.44 to my name!!!

I am a little bummed that I only have $11 of my $20 dollars left, but I'm not working much the rest of the month so I think I got this!!!!

I will have to dip into the stash for a Bible study that we are starting this month. I didn't know it was starting to pre-plan but it's only $12 and what's $12 in comparison with eternity??? PLUS, I think I will have left over grocery money that I can use for it!

For the first two weeks of April we've only spent $80 on groceries.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE TO COUPON?!?! It's not about hoarding food like on that stupid TV show, those people are crazy!!!! It's about being smart with our hard earned money. No spend has been good for us.  The kids aren't asking for icees as much and Ryan and I (mostly me) aren't buying unneeded things!

Stay tuned for the next update. This is starting to be fun instead of hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment