Sunday, January 9, 2011

And we're off!!!

I'm really excited to be starting my blog.  It's one of the many changes that New Years is bringing at the Foote house! Most of it will probably be about nothing at all but hey it's an outlet in this very busy life of mine. For 2011 I have set life altering goals.  Some won't be shared at all and some won't be shared until they are happening. I mean, where is the thrill of the unknown if I tell you all my secrets now?! For 2011 we are becoming the best of minimalists that we possibly can.  My goal is to reduce the volume of our house by 50%. Maybe that's a little steep and possibly unattainable but I won't stop until at least 30%! Less is more right?  I'm tired of my child(ren) thinking that everything is owed to them or that four letter "M" word (mine). This year will be about purging, giving away, and selling our "things".  At the tender age of three my daughter will be forced taught to pick out toys to give to kids that don't have any before they are allowed to get ANY of the toys the got for Christmas or birthdays out.  (I know it's rough!) The play room is overflowing and it breaks my heart to think that there are kids out there without any.  I love my girls and this year we will be learning to spend time together reading, playing, and having fun! Can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment